Thursday, November 1, 2018

President's Letter: Prayers for Pittsburgh

With the start of a new month, we pause to remember the victims of the shootings at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh. Again, our flags in front of Godwin Hall flutter at half staff, marking yet another senseless chapter in what has become a heartbreaking, all-too-familiar story of violence in our country. 

Hearing the news about the horrific attack on innocent worshipers, I reflected on my own personal and professional ties to Pittsburgh. My previous presidency in West Virginia was just an hour from the city; like many of us, I was shocked that the peaceful neighborhood of Squirrel Hill was the scene of such a tragedy. 

 Please join me in remembering the victims and their families, giving thanks for the heroism of law enforcement and other responders, and renewing our resolve here to be an inclusive, welcoming, and supportive campus community. 

Read more in my November President's Letter: https://conta.cc/2QiT7so