Friday, March 25, 2022

Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities Humanitarian Awards

It was a special evening for me and my family. I am truly humbled for the 2022 Humanitarian Award from the Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities. But more importantly, the award recognizes the good work we’re doing collectively at VWU in addressing important topics and actively promoting and ensuring an inclusive campus community.

You can watch the full award ceremony here

With Rev. Melvin Blackwell, Chair of the VCIC Tidewater Chapter 

With Jonathan Zur, President and CEO of VCIC


With my wife, Annie


With all the current and past award winners present at the event. 

I'm grateful to my good friends John Malbon (Chair of the VWU Board of Trustees), his wife Harriet, and Dr. David Black (Chancellor of VWU Global Japan) for their support at the event.