Wednesday, July 22, 2015




I am now in my third week at Virginia Wesleyan College and I am enjoying the opportunity to get to know all of you. My focus has been on meeting as many people connected with the College as I can and in learning as much about life at VWC as possible. I was pleased to share some of my insights and experiences recently with a reporter from Inside Business.You can read the article from the July 17 issue here.

President Greer has positioned the College well for forward momentum and positive change and I am poised to capitalize on that momentum in order to make immediate improvements and strategize for long-term growth.

This is the first of many messages of special note you will receive from me. I will be regularly sharing information in "Nota Bene." My philosophy on communication in higher education has been inspired by my good friend and longtime colleague, Gordon Gee, president of West Virginia University: Effective internal communications serve as the platform for external strategy and planning.

I look forward to working with each and every one of you in the days and weeks ahead as we strive to make Virginia Wesleyan College a "beacon for the liberal arts in the 21st century."​