Monday, January 21, 2019

"I Have a Dream"

"I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal.'" -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 

Feeling inspired at a special tribute event on campus today honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s life and legacy. Keynote remarks were given by Provost O'Rourke followed by Dr. King's infamous "I Have a Dream" speech which was played for the audience and accompanied by a slideshow of civil rights leaders. Given by Dr. King on August 28, 1963, his powerful words continue to provide hope and inspiration to our nation today.