Monday, January 16, 2017

MLK Jr. Day of Service: I Have a Dream for My Family

Virginia Wesleyan College is celebrating the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. today with the “I Have a Dream for My Family" Day of Service event at Heritage United Methodist Church. I enjoyed spending time with members of our neighboring community for the pancake breakfast and interactive activities like making “thank you” cards and cookies for police and firefighters serving Western Bayside. I'm pictured here with VWC Director of Community Service Diane Hotaling, Captain J.T. Orr of the Virginia Beach Police Department, and Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Keith Moore. This is the College’s fourth annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service. We are most grateful for our continued partnership with Western Bayside Communities United as well as the student volunteers from Bayside High School.