Monday, February 13, 2017

Nota Bene: Best Wishes to VFIC Ethics Bowl Participants

I write to you this morning from Texas, where my family has said our goodbyes to my father with a beautiful celebration of life ceremony. I appreciate the many condolences more than words can express and thank you for keeping my family in your thoughts. Though I wouldn’t have missed being here for the world, I do regret that I am unable to join all of you for today’s conclusion of the VFIC Ethics Bowl.

I send my very best wishes to the following Virginia Wesleyan student participants as they wrap up their debates on “Ethics and U.S. Presidential Politics”:

Tanail Canty
Riley Conrad
Dante Davis
Melissa Fisher
Kyle Grabulis
Nicholas Hipple
Kelsi Robins
Jared White

Thank you to the VFIC for the opportunity to once again host this exceptional event on our campus. Special thanks, also, to Professor of Communication Dr. Kathy Merlock Jackson, Professor of Philosophy Dr. Larry Hultgren, and local attorney Hank Howell, who worked hard to prepare our students.

Read more about the Ethics Bowl and view details on today’s final rounds at: http://www.vwc.edu/news-a-events/news-releases/virginia-wesleyan-to-host-2017-vfic-ethics-bowl