Monday, August 24, 2015

Nota Bene: Classes Start Today and Hearsay Interview

I hope the first day of classes for the fall semester gets off to a great start today. When I addressed students at the Freshman Honor Convocation on Friday, I encouraged them, as a first step toward academic success, to go to class. That will be a very important habit throughout the semester. It’s critical that students go to class, complete all assignments, and ask for help when needed. I am confident that this will be a successful and productive semester.

Today, while you are hard at work in your classes, I will be sharing our plans for the future of the College with our greater community. I am very much looking forward to my first visit to the studios of WHRO Public Media in Norfolk, where I am scheduled as a live interview guest on Hearsay with Cathy Lewis. The show airs at noon on 89.5 FM public radio.

My conversation with Cathy is scheduled to take place between 12:06 and 12:36 p.m. We will be discussing plans and challenges ahead for Virginia Wesleyan College. As many of you are aware, Cathy Lewis is a long-time friend to the College who received an honorary degree in 2009.
I invite you to tune in or stream the show live from here:
http://mediaplayer.whro.org/whrv

The show will also be archived here:
http://mediaplayer.whro.org/program/1000007