Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Nota Bene: Let’s Connect

Chances are, you’ve probably seen me posting, tweeting, sharing, or “liking” at some point or another. I am extremely active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Flickr. I also have a daily blog, Dialogue; write a monthly column for the Virginian-Pilot and HuffPost; publish a monthly President’s Letter; and contribute to numerous higher-education publications.

My online presence has earned me a reputation as one of the most active and visible communicators in the country among college and university presidents. In fact, I was chosen as one of 22 leaders from U.S. and Canadian colleges and universities to be featured in the book #Follow The Leader—Lessons in Social Media Success from #HigherEdCEOs. In the book, author Dan Zaiontz shares the collective perspectives of my counterparts and me with other higher education leaders, providing tips and best practices to those interested in adopting social media or learning to use it more effectively.

From a business standpoint, social media is a cost-effective way to expand visibility, speak to targeted audiences, and promote your institution. But from a personal standpoint, it is an easy, fun way to keep in touch.

If we are not already connected through social media, I invite you to join the conversation through these channels:

Twitter:
@vawesleyanprez

Facebook: @ScottDMillerprez

Instagram: @prezscottmiller

LinkedIn: Scott D. Miller, Ph.D.

Flickr: Scott D. Miller

Dialogue: http://vwc1.blogspot.com/
(Be sure to subscribe to Dialogue for daily updates via email)


I take pride in being widely accessible to our community and consider it a privilege to share my thoughts and represent Virginia Wesleyan on social media. And not only is it an incredibly dynamic business tool, but it also happens to be a personal passion of mine.

Let's connect!